NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

probably the most fun i've had on Slickrock thus far. we got most everyone over the final obstacle the tough way. the night run at Mt. Reba was fun too. any stories about Deer Balley?

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, "center section" means replacing everything in the pumpkin as an assembly, not just new ring & pinion gears.

Hell ya! big ups for Hilltop!
thats what they call the 3rd member its the whole sha-bang instead of bolting all the goodies into the diff housing in pieces
Woo!

That was fun. Originally, I wanted to head up there Friday, but I made a last minute decision to get out of the city and head down to the camp on Thursday. I packed light, which made a lot of room for Mark, Annie, Abbey, and some boxes. Slick rock campsite is my favorite, and this year, it lived up to my expectations. My stomach wasn't feeling too good on Saturday morning, but the outhouse took care of that. RockyFJ has some other thoughts on that, but it was all good times. I had a lot of fun not driving on Saturday, as funny as that sounds, it was true for me. I can't wait for more to come!
when is the Pulley Party?
We should do the Pully Party before High Sierra!
Deer Valley was fun. Ran the trail in 3 1/2 hours in reverse (that was difficult).

Stopped for lunch along the way and were treated to some amusing wood collecting. A group of Jeep drivers were celebrating a 50th birthday and they decided they were going to have a bonfire that night. They proceeded to drag a few down trees over to the campsite for the festivities. We really wondered if they were starting a new Burning Man tradition or were we going to be evacuated later that night due to a fire storm heading our way.

Can't wit for the next run.
Attachments:
Awsome run. Slick Rock is definately my favorite trail so far. I really enjoyed the nite run up mt reba as well, too bad it was cloudy, would have been some good star gazing up there.

Mark and Anne - Glad to hear that the blue beast will be up and running soon. It was a tragety to see her go down. But it was great to see everyone on the run come together to help out. I am glad I was able to be a part of the effort.

I don't have any pictures to post yet as they were taken on Ryan's camera and he hasn't sent them to me yet. So I am looking forward to seeing everyone elses photos. Particularly the one taken by 5and5torm as I narrowly missed crushing my rear quarter panel.

Cheers Everyone!
BK

"narrowly missed crushing my rear quarter panel" bah, you have a bunch of room.
I felt like I was much closer than this pic indicates...I think its been photoshopped to look like a lot of room hehehe
what part of the trail was this?
It seems like this place really messed up some trucks, but at least everyone had a good time and got home safely. I wish i could have made it.

Hopefully the next run.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service