NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

probably the most fun i've had on Slickrock thus far. we got most everyone over the final obstacle the tough way. the night run at Mt. Reba was fun too. any stories about Deer Balley?

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Had a blast, that last obstacle had me worried but we all made it up. I'll post some video after I cut it down.
Had a blast also. I also have some more photo's and video to post.
That was a wonderful trip. Even with his other obligations, Potato could not have put together a better trip. It's so nice when there's a plan. Cant thank you enough!!

Too bad about the rain Sunday morning, but that only adds character to the event!

Thanks to all who helped us... Let's have some beer, soon!
Can you feel the love? I spell it W-A-R-R-A-N-T-Y.

Looks like the beast will be sport'n a brand new rear end for the High Sierra run!
Chitty-chitty-pop-bang is currently being removed in favor of a spiffy new center section.
The service gang at Hilltop are really taking care of us!

With that huge weight off our collective shoulders (ever price a complete rock-jock 60? whew!), Now I get a chance to reflect on what a great few days we had. Potato is the man, thanks again for putting this together.

I have to thank to the Hoff, for offering to pack his rig to the gills bringing us and 80% of our gear home.
The Bozlys, who went above and beyond taking care of my drenched tool box and recovery bag.
Biz, for aiding in the all day recovery efforts to bring the piglet back home Monday.
And thanks to everyone that volunteered to stuff a few of our leftovers in their rigs.

This is a hell of a good group, and I can't think of anyone else I would rather wheel with.

Anyone who has some of our gear need to meet us at Lucky 13 (Alameda), as we owe you some tasty adult beverages.

Cheers!
Mark & Ann
It's true, what a relief! Makes the trip perfect, even with the rain.

And I did not poison anybody! ;-)

Thank you all, again!
Wait it sounds like you guys broke your rear diff on the trail.. Did you have to leave the truck there and go to base camp or somehting?? I need more details.

One thing I know I don't have to question is that fact that our group would step up and pitch in to help out..

Glad to know that your truck will be getting fixed real soon..

Whats a Pulley party????
Yipper, it was the big bang.
Fortunately I got a tow back to the store in Bear Valley (next to the sheriffs station) and left it there.

Biz was available on Monday, so I rented a trailer and we rode back out to pick it up.
It was a loooong day, but it would have been a hell of a lot harder if Brandon wasn't helping.

Vince is losing his second pulley (mud glutton). It got us thinking that we should all order NAPA sealed replacement pulleys and have a "pulley party" at our office. It would be really easy to do a mass swap, and then we would also have trail spares.
Do you have more info on this NAPA thing?

I have found this thread:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/maintenance-tech/70698-idler-...

They also mention the pulleys are replaced under warranty by Toyota
Okay, so the total price for 2 uppers and 1 lower idler pulleys from napa is $152.47.

That's just the sum of the list prices. So, it will be more with tax and shipping.
Do you have more info on these pulleys? What do they actually do and why are they better than the originals?

Normally every FJ "upgrade" I had included a 10% discount once I mentioned the FJ Cruiser Forum. If we do a "group buy" of some kits we could definitely ask for a discount. Do they ship from California? It is so unjust to pay CA sales tax :(

Have you checked if, anyway, Toyota can fix yours for free under warranty?
The problem with the stock pulley bearings is that they are only sealed on the front side.
The NAPA replacements are fully sealed, and look like a much better design.

I just bit the bullet and bought all 4 pulleys, a new serpentine belt, and both tie rod ends.

I do my part to stay out of the mud, but after seeing the Hoff spending the night roadside, I don't really want another set of stock pulleys, even free ones..
Nice good thing Hiltop Toyo is getting your diff warrantied..NICE!

Mark so the spiffy new center sections is that a new transfer case? more details on that please.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service