NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Wow, this was a project. Especially the videos. 

Here is my new blog post: http://www.shamanrawb.com/wpblog/2012/02/death-valley-offroad-exped...

I have a total of 10 x2 speed trails videos from Goler Canyon to The Racetrack.

I also included a Flickr link to the 300+ pictures we took.

I put 600 miles on my car while there. 1200 total including the drive down and back.

Please check it out and let me know any input, suggestions, or feedback.

Thanks all! This was the most AMAZING ADVENTURE of my LIFE!

-Rob

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heck yeah Shaman Rawb!  One heck of a nice trail report!

Thanks Cowboy! One heck of a ride!

Hey nice write up. My 15 year old son and I went there the first week of january. We had a great time. It's a very cool place. The racetrack was super cool and titus canyon was spectacular. We got a flat tire 40 miles from our camp at panamint springs and found out our lug wrench didn't fit our aftermarket lug nuts. All part of a great adventure. We did a 6 day trip and didn't come close to seeing everything.

Thanks Overlander!

We did two full days and wished we could see more. I couldn't imagine a flat! Ugh!

"A flat without the correct lug nut wrench"  Double Ugh!!

Sure made me feel dumb. Luckily I had my co2 tank and was able to fill the tire 8 times to make it back to camp. It could have been worse!

Not dumb at all. More like bitchen solution!  I have seen that happen before.  Stoked that you had you Co2 tank! 

The only other solution was a VERY long walk. I would recommend that anyone with aftermarket wheels checks to make sure the lug wrench still fits the new lug nuts! The tire shop will not always tell you they switched lug nut sizes.

Very valid point...I got the same size tires on my trailer but know i'm wondering about the nuts holding them on! 

There wasn't any snow when we went so we were able to go over Tahoe and down hwy 395. Much nicer than driving to bakersfield.

Excellent report Shaman.

Ditto - well done documentation!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service