NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Just thought i would post this because some members asked about the cell phone holder i made.i made a template of the base out of thin cardboard and then traced it onto a scape piece of ABS plastic i had in the garage from another project and cut.then i took the Motorola suction mount for the windshield and cut off the suction part off.that gave me a short curved arm with the pivot ball and cradle.I then heated the ABS base with torch and then placed it on dash where i wanted it and let it cool .I then placed the cut arm to the ABS base i cut and secured it with epoxy putty.molded and sanded to the shape i wanted and then painted black and then mounted to the dase with double side tape.I also ran the power plug into the dash and wired it so it always charging even without key.sorry i didn't take pics while building. Hopefully these pics sorta show what i did.

Views: 492

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh but I want something that also charges the iphone (with fast charge ideally). I've spent half an hour already online and so far the best I've found is:

http://www.brodit.com/product.html?id=527117&pn=

Do you think I could use the epoxy putty to fix the back of that mount to the rounded ABS? Hey I think I could actually use your help once I get the materials... ;)

That mount doesn't have long enough arm on back to make how i did.you need the arm to be about 2 to 3 inches and have pivot ball at end
Manoweb you might have to build one like my first one all fiberglass. You have to wrap phone in tape and glass with charger pluged in when dries pull out and your charge plug is where it needs to be
Here is a picture of the first one i made for my first DROID
Attachments:

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service