NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Where: Holister Hills SVRA

When: Saturday Oct 27, 2012

Time : 9am -12noon ( tentitive )

What: Well what do you think, its a clean up at Hillister Hills.

More info: They would like to have a clean up of upper ranch and plant some stuff in lower ranch.  This is really all the info I have right now. I am waiting for the flyer, which I should have by this weekend.  This is a great way to help out a place that many of us visit quite often. They plan on feeding everyone lunch at noon.  there also talk of raffle prizes!

The last couple of times we had a good turn out from norcal and I would like to keep up that tradition.

Many time people ask how they can get involved and help out to preventing trail closures. This is one great way to give back. HH is constently under attack and threated of being closed down. This is one way we can prove that the wheeling community cares and is willing to lend a hand.

So post up and respond if you plan on attending. Its a couple of month away but I want to get an idea of who can make it..

Update 9/20/2012

Here is a copy of the flyer for this. I am going to create an event for this so we can start a count..

National_Make_a_Difference_2012_flyer%5B1%5D.pdf

Boss

Views: 435

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Come on out and help keep Hollister hills clean. I would like to see max participation for this..

Hey Boss...I'm interested and want to know if I still got to RSVP for it and if so where do I do that???

Thanks

No RSVP necessary.well other than on the event section of NorCal.. That's just for me so I k now how many are going to come out. They may have us sign something once we get there. .

Good to see you can make it out bro !

Boss

I know I've been busy with work and MIA for a looonngggg time

Good idea and thanks for leading.

Out of curiosity, what are the specific threats presented by whom when we talk about HH being at risk of being shut down?

Related, how does donating trail work help to ward off those threats?

Sacramento is the threat. Since the gov't has raided the OHV fund, cuts have made to all parks. Monies that had been normally been used to fund improvement projects, hire staff, maintance, have dried up. Staff hours have been cut and or staff not replaced when they retire. They have been put under the eyeglass and have been required to reclaim land & plant native trees and plants. This is one of the main reasons the old obstacle course was redone and some of the area had fencing put around it. They needed to create a place for the water to go instead of creating a giant mud pit.

So with less money and less staff to take care and clean the park, it's vital they the park have volunteers to fill in the gaps whenever possible. Clean ups is a great way for the park to get mass people on one day to help out. There are also many issues with trials and reclaimed areas on the motorcycle side of the park which is about twice as big as upper ranch (4x4 park). They have had to close non designated trails and cut throughs that had been there for years. This is an attempt to have people stay on the trail and reclaim some land in lower ranch and replant natve species of plants.

Every month there is a Hollister Hills Off Road Association (HHORA) meeting. They always have a report for Jeff G who is the site director of Hollister. He always has up to date info on what is going on in Sac. The meetings are open to everyone and always have great info. I have not been to a meeting in a while but I Definetly suggest to go to one of these meetings for up to date info. I believe they are held on the second Saturday of the month.

I believe that by volunteering our time to help clean it up, it can show that the OHVing community can and do come out to take care of the areas we play in. It also helps out the staff who are shrinking in numbers.

Tuesday morning bump..

WE only have nine confirmed for the clean up.  Its would be great to have lots more people show up for the clean up..

Its a great way to give back to the OHV community and a fantastic way to show support for Hollister Hills SVRA.

You do not have to come out for the entire day. Come out for the morning or show up in the afternoon.

I have also heard there is a new trail that may be opened..

Boss

Apologies - I'd love to come out but will be up in Yosemite.

Any other day, I would be there. Unfortunately I have to take my daughter to a school open house.

Totally understand.

I know everyone has a life. I have three kids myself so I know how busy having a family can be, I am going to bring my sons for some extra help.  This is defetly a kid friendly event.  I would like to get max #'s there so I am trying to beat the drum for some more people. So if you busy I totally understand. But, if you have nothing to do this Saturday please come on out and help out with the clean up. At least they are willing to feed us, and I do not have to cook , so its a win win for me.. .

I will likely bring my three boys as well. 

Damn D your making me look bad heading down here for a cleanup when I can never make it up there for a long canyon clean up. It will be great to see you there & Anthony will be excited to have some friends there!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service