NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

hey, NorCal!

the folks over at Eldorado National Forest is looking into putting together a chainsaw operator class, so i wanted to gauge interest on who may want to participate.

i don't have much in the way of details other than it is a certification class (you can get certified or re-certified), will take place over a weekend (probably just one day), and we'll be joining up with our friends over at Friends of the Rubicon.

please let me know your interest level. this is not a commit, as date/time have not been set, so don't feel bad if you sign up and have to bail out due to a conflict once the date is announced.

let me know!!!

Interested (18)

5AND5TORM

Robbie

Bossquatch

DWH

BigFish

PBn'FJ

manoweb

Overlander36

Estysalinas

DivnGirl

magicthechemist

Seth Sinclair

MoreFJland

Botched

Meestar Jim

caddo

GHOST

potatomutato

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was tempted to go see the condition of the trail...have you been up there this season yet?
I'm headed up there tomorro. Goin with a group to snow wheel.
What time, I may join you.
off forni road in placerville. Will be at in & out burger parking lot about 10am. Just give me a call 916 320 0927 if you need more info
I may be a little late so I'll shoot for the trail head by say 11, maybe sooner. I'll call you mid AM.
well i'm guess i should have checked sooner...oh well... Let us know how the much snow there was - i may try to next friday night.
Interested.
Hi! Any news on this course? I would really like to do it.

see my post on June 2.

essentially, they only offered a re-cert course and there are no signs of a new certification course in the near future. even if they did, it would be a minimum of two days, max of three days, and most likely held on a weekday, which is not ideal for most of us.

i did find out that we can have a non-certified sawyer with us for our trail adoption runs as long as they are not on the volunteer agreement (liability stuff).

Sorry I missed that. In any case, as I never used a chainsaw, I would like to learn how to do. If anybody has useful info...
You keep the moving side away from you and wear safety glasses.

Hey Frenchie, : )   if you want to learn how to use a saw come out to my Park in Marin and I will be glad to show you how to use a chain saw safely. It can be on a weekend or what ever and we can do a BBQ after, just let me know when you want to do it so I can gather some different size logs to cut on. Hope the little one and Monica are doing well,

Ranger Jim

p.s  ha ha at opg

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service