NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Can anyone post a picture or diagram of what all the buttons are supposed to be in a 2008 FJ?

Currently I only have the parking sensor and rear diff lock, getting the atrac for Christmas but seeing what else is available to me!

Views: 362

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not totally up to speed on how all the functions work together, but to my knowledge, VSC automatically activates after ~ 10 mph and the button is for turning it off when in 4H/4L and using ATRAC and/or Rear Diff Lock.  Regardless of the VSC off switch, it will only disengage at low speeds, why you can't do donuts.  There is a way to "hack" the VSC to stay turned off in 2H - the Blue Room has a write-up how to.

Ah. It was bizarre to me. A freind wanted to show me how to handle a slide, so he tells me to crank the wheel and put the petal to the floor. I do said thing... and literally nothing happen. We go mape 2mph in a small circle. He thinks I am not gassing it and tells me "to the floor!" He looks and realizes it is on the floor. We guessed it was the vsc or something in the computer that just prevented it .

Strange to have a car not allow me to gas it....

I miss burnouts too, haha. There is a method to override VSC, check out the blue room an do a search on VSC hack. Not sure if it works on all model years though.

Happy to have a '13 with ATRAC, crawl, diff lock all overhead. Leaves room for the radio install and overhead lights.

Attachments:

LOL that's exactly where i want to mount my radio face and run the remote cable through a switch plate. Two thumbs up!

Also I wish I had the USB/AUX port, mine is only Aux.. usb would be so much more useful.

Blue Sea makes a nice dual USB socket, works great!

BGameFJ do you have anymore pics of your install for those USB connectors?

Unfortunately, I don't.  Had so much going on, forgot to take pics of the install.  I got it off Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Dual-Charger-Socket/dp/B0082CXEI8/re...

About 1 1/2" long and with lock nut (underneath) makes it about 1 3/8" wide.  Pretty tight fit where I put it.  http://assets.bluesea.com/files/resources/dimensioned_drawing/Socke...

Nestor did all the wiring, tapped into the stock USB/Aux power so it shuts off when key out.  

Nestor is the man when it comes to things like that. thanks for the heads up.

Yeah I was considering putting my tow electric brake controller in where the buttons are. Its kinda  a pain smashing into my shin as I enter and exit...

Also there is a air dam light switch for the stock Hella lights they put on from the factory and a traction control.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service