NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Barney Riley - Dear Valley - Strawberry July 10, 11 , 12

I'm putting together a run July 10, 11, 12. The itinerary is to do Barney-Riley friday, deer valley saturday and finish up the weekend with the Strawberry trail on Sunday. I haven't done any of these trails so I hope someone who has done them (and/or who has a gps) is interested in coming along. A few people I have talked to are interested in day trips, so as in other runs - meet up with us when you can! Plans for campgrounds and rendezvous points/times to come.

Updated Roster:
Fri (Farmington 10am)
Bkreece
DaveF2
Pkelly
Mrs. Bozly
PBnFJ
Potato
Vaughn
5an5torm

Sat (Hermit Valley CG):
SBechtold
Motordrive
OPG

Sun (Gas station near Kirkwood):
DHeigher
Estysalinas

ITINERARY:
Friday - 10:00-10:15 Meet up in Farmington at the corner of Hwy 4 and Escalon Belotta Rd (13 miles east of stockton). Caravan to Barney Riley trail head. ETA at Barney Riley is about 1:00. We will take BR inbound and camp at the end.

Saturday - 12:00 meet up at the Deer Valley trailhead. 9 miles east of Alpine Lake at the Hermit Valley Campground. On Saturday night we will be camping somewhere along Red-Blue Lakes Trail.

Sunday - 10:00 Meet up at the gas station, just east of the entrance to Kirkwood. Depart for the Strawberry Pass trail by 10:15.

We will be on CB 31 and FRS 7-31

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Regarding the food cooperative...Thanks Potato for describing what has worked in the past. I think we should do the meal sponsorship option.

So I will sponsor dinner on Saturday nite. It'll be tri-tip, potato salad, macaroni salad and bread. Let me know if you'd like in so I know how much to get. If you don't plan on sponsoring a meal, but would like in on the group food thing, please plan on contributing funds...say $5/meal. If you would like to sponsor a meal, post up which meal.

See y'all this weekend!
I would like to know who wants breakfast Sat & Sun.
Scrambled eggs w/ cheese, bacon and hash brown patties served w/ fine Italian espresso.
That sounds good to me...I'll make chili one night.
the vaughns and leoni (bozly's wife also) for all meals we are bring stuff for group as well! see post.
Hey BK, I'll see you guys on Friday morning. Not sure how long I can stay since work is not going smoothly this week. I plan on Friday and Saturdays run right now but may have to bail early if things escalate.

Since I am not 100% on the number of days I be out there, I'm going solo on food.

Looking forward to camping and wheeling for the first time this summer. See you out there.....
Please PM me so I can get a headcount for breakfast, if no interest I will not bother and travel light.
Thanks
It's very difficult to get anyone to repond to these type of posts, I've discovered! We are just planning on bringing enough to feed 25 people one portion each! (2 !/2 days meals for 8-12 each meal. So in you case maybe do almost that maybe enough for 15 people (2 b-fasts + some have there own.
Hope that helps!
Unless there's a fire tomorrow, I'll be at Farmington on Friday at 10:00am.

Cell phone: 209 648 9436

Pete
Have fun guys:
http://www.fishfirst.com/
Click on "What's Hot and What's not" half way down the page.
Have fun guys:
http://www.fishfirst.com/
Click on "What's Hot..." half way down the page.
Not sure why this posted twice
Mrs. Boz, aka Leonie, is in.

She'll be heading to Farmington and be there by 10:00, and she's in on breakfast if it's not too late to be in on it.

Over to her,

I can bring Adult Beverages, Munchies and Carrot Cake for desert. I am looking forward to meeting most of you and seeing those again that I have met before.

Be nice guys, she can be a lot of fun.
Boz
got ya down for b-fast.
don't worry we'll be gentile.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service