NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Currently have Baja Radial TA's (bought the truck used and theory were on it) but can't seem to warrant the $700 each to replace... 

Looking for a 35 12.5 17 what are your suggestions... Nitto? Yokahama? Cepek? Others?

We do mostly dirt roads, mud, minor obstacles 

Thanks!! BigBlu

Views: 394

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

mickey thompsons MTZ love them tires

Pro-Comp AT Extreme. I am on my second set and am happy with them. They have a 40,000 mile warranty as well.

^^ Agreed. I've had mine for almost 4 years and they are still in pretty damned good shape.

I have the 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers.  I wouldn't recommend then... they look and preform awesome.  But they are so loud on the road.  

On my first FJ had the Hankook 35"s   When I need to replace my tires again I'm going back to the Hankook's.   They're well priced and lasted a very long time (51K).  I found a good price ($315 per) Hankook Dynapro MT RT 35 12.5 17 

My 2 cents

I'm running the Toyo MT's.  So far I like them.  They perform well off road and have minimal noise during commuting.  I also rotate my tires often for even tread wear which helps significantly with noise.  These tires run anywhere between $350-425ea.  I bought mine at americas tire since they had the best price.

In all honesty I dont think any one tire is better than the other.  Just find something within your price range, your expected tread life, how you want it to perform, and look.

good luck!   

I love the retreads that i run from treadwright.com. great price and they last forever. 35k on mine and still over half life left

I'm looking into them to replace my wearing tires, mind if I ask what tread pattern you have and how they hold up? 

I'm running the guard dogs, so their mud terrain in a 285-70-17. They have been perfect for the 35k I have on them. One has some uneven wear due to when i messed up my uca but thats about it. aired up and down many many times as low as 15psi and upwards of 45psi with no issues of the sidewall. rubbed on many rocks and other goodies with no sidewall issues. I highly recommend them! only issue is that they are heavy. the ones i have are 73lbs/tire haha but they work wonders! They are a wee bit loud too when they are first on but mellow down after a few thousand miles. I like the whirr they make though. 

Ya, it looks like these will be my next purchase! Almost all of the reviews are outstanding. I've found maybe 2 bad reviews through hundreds! I really want to get the 34's but I can't afford a regear and want to avoid a BMC... Think it'll work?

Yea I think you will be fine, mine came out to 33.3 'new' and i avoided a BMC for over a year but then I did more hardcore wheeling and i can never get my alignment right so i just did it with a fellow member one morning before wheeling. The BMC is nothing to be scared of. And the regear shouldn't be completely necessary

Thanks for the info! I looked into the BMC and it's not terrible, just another thing to add to the to do list! It was the regear I kind of have to avoid.. haha. I think I'll go with the 34's and run em until I get a day to do the BMC. For now though, I will be my current tires, trying to get every mile out of them! Hopefully another 10,000 - 15,000! 

Thats a long time! If anything play it safe and go just 33s. Although I'm pretty sure many people run 35s with no issue with stock gearing

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service