NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

OK gangaroo...so I've been hinting and mentioning the possibility of an All-NorCal Meet for several months now (or has it been over a year?) and have obviously (check the time stamp) been losing sleep over it.

So here are some possibilities. Please feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

ALL-NORCAL MEET

Purpose
To provide an event celebrating the Northern California FJ Cruiser Community and the great outdoors.

Events
Trail runs: The location will have a network of trails suitable to accommodate all levels of drivers.
Recovery clinics: Group and one-on-one recovery clinics will be held.
On-Trail driving clinics: Clinics given during trail runs will include reading trails (driving and spotting) and driving skills (e.g. left-foot braking, gearing, etc.)
FJC 101: Getting to know your FJ Cruiser clinic. Will include layout of the vehicle, part locations, parts susceptible to failure on the trails, ATRAC/locker usage and more.
Vendor booths & Swap Meet: Local vendors can show their latest designs, parts and modifications. Attendees can buy/sell/trade parts and accessories.

The location of the meet will include plenty of trails, camping and nearby hotels/lodges. Location may alternate between three locations yearly (tentatively: Hollister Hills SVRA, Lakes Basin Area and Bear Valley Area).

Time of year
Late spring or early fall. Thinking of avoiding summer due to various fire restrictions that will most likely be in place in a couple of the alternate locations. No campfires = bummer.

Length of event
The All-NorCal Meet would take place over the course of 3.5 days (Thursday - Sunday). Thursday would serve primarily as set-up and early registration. Friday would include newbie and skill enhancement clinics and late afternoon trail runs. Saturday would be filled with trail runs. Sunday would include a morning trail run and departure.

I am also thinking about entertainment such as a live band and perhaps fun activities for kids. However, when you start venturing into entertainment, hosted meals, etc., you begin to talk about more $$$.

So, since this will be a community event, I'd like to ask for community feedback based on the information above. I've said enough and would like to open this discussion to you, the members. Would you be interested in this type of event? Would you want more activities and events planned?

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds interesting, so in other words I'd be interested, and as always IF I can make it I'll help any way I can.
I'm interested! I'd love to participate in any clinics that might be available and do not mind shelling out a little $$ for the opportunity.

As for music, I will volunteer my p.a. system (which can handle crowds of about 500 people, so it should be adequate). And I can DJ if thats what folks want. Though, if the location is too far from a paved road, it might be tricky getting the equipment in, we would have to work that out.

Sounds like fun!
BK
WOW BK spinning the tunes !! KEWL

DO you have the Bossquatch stomp and boogie ??

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service