NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Whew, what a blast!  I can't believe it came and went so fast!

Ever since Hollister last year, I've been thinking about how we can improve upon the previous year.  Location is always key.  Sponsors also make the events more interesting.  There was tremendous pressure to finalize a location this year because of many unexpected last minute changes.  Fortunately, my friends on the Adopt-A-Trail program came through and  Rick Roberts  from the Psycho Hummer Squad put me in touch with  Jim Vick , the owner of Psycho Ranch.  Through the years of collaboration with them, I've came to expect nothing less then excellence from the Psychos and when they agreed to let us use the facility, I knew it would be great.  Jim, and the gang put on tons of hours of work to make sure the property is ready for us.  He's graded many plots so we can have enough room.  Rick, ever the professional, cooked up a meal to remember.  That was some tremendous food!   Bill, Art, Scott, Deek (sp?), Frank , and many others, a sincerely THANK YOU!

Matt Main , thank you for helping out.  I couldn't have done the registration without you.  The website and shirts also turned out great.   Mark   (Amaesing) , thank you for the great design.  It will be a classic.  This is my favorite AllCal shirt.  You nailed it!  :cheers:   Joe  (Hovsep/Pinky), you were a tremendous help.  You've made sure that I didn't have to worry about running of the facility and was instrumental in getting people going in the right place-literally.   You were always there to lend a hand to anyone who needed one.  Getting there Thursday morning to put up your homemade signs, knowing you have to drive all the way back to San Fernando Valley to pick up your girlfriend that same day is dedication.  Though you worked quietly, your efforts didn't go unnoticed.  Cleaning up the trash and refilling with fresh bags was just one of those thankless jobs.  Btw, your kabobs are to die for!

I want to really thank my wife  Elsa  for putting up with all the stuff I get myself into  :rofl:.  She has to hear me talking to  myself  constantly about AllCal and my own crazy rants.  I've also enlisted her without her consent and stationed her in registration for the entire time.  I'm thankful that she's organized and had a good system to track everyone's registration.  Although we had to wait for the shirts and raffle tickets to arrive, I think all the info matched well and it went on fairly smoothly.  I only wish I had given her more of a chance to enjoy the event as I kind of left her out there while I go on doing other stuff.  Sorry babe :).

Britney  and  Ashley , thank you for working the shirts!  I see big smiles when people receive those.  Must be hard to have to do that AND take care of the baby :wink:.   Phu  (Foo), thank you for security work throughout the weekend.  I know you had to check out all the trucks and also keep an eye on things.  Although it may not seem like a high profile job, what you did was critical in having a safe place and keeping things in order before something bad happens.  :cheers:   Lilith , thank you for helping out Elsa on registration!  She kept telling me how helpful you were and how considerate also in making sure that my wife and daughter had a chance to eat the BBQ Saturday night.   Dave (Sparky of SoCal) , thank you so much getting the trails together!  We were short 2 trail leaders so organized runs became quite a challenge.  I've heard so many good things on what you've done from the people in your group.  Consider yourself volunteered again for next year :rofl:.   Doug (GTKrockett) , thank you again for stepping up to lead trails.  White Mountain is such a fun trail, but also very intense.  It takes a lot of focus to make sure no one go into trouble-as trouble happens quickly there.  It's a moderate trail, but it can get ugly quick there.  Thanks :).  I'm also grateful for always being there for the Adopt-A-Trail program.  AAT does not happen without volunteers.   Arien , thank you for being [I]the voice[/I] at the raffle!

Sponsors, thank you for stepping up and providing up some off-the-wall prizes!  Just ask the winners of  Metal Tech  Bumpers and tube doors,  DeMello  bumper and sliders,  All Pro 's plated sliders and upper and lower links,  ToyTec  lower link guards,  Insight System 's Panasonic ToughBook,  Discount tire 's goodies and tire/rim donation to the trailer,  Maxtraxx  sand ladders,  Total Chaos  boxed lower control arms,  Industrial Forming 's console cover,  Lightforce 's 140 lights,  Rigid 's D2 LED light bar,  MPAC 's back pack hooks and straddle kit,  Toyota 's swags,  Toyota of Escondido 's goodies,  Rotopax 's gas cans,  Fuzzy Duds  super comfortable pants, .  Ask General Sherman how he liked THE TRAILER HE WON from  Adventure Vehicle Outfitter .  I stopped by  Andy Cohen 's shop in Oak Hill on Thursday to see how it's coming along.  The trailer was almost finished and it was great to see how it came together!  He showed me how balanced it was and the design elements that made his trailer stand out.  I was very impressed with the thought that went into his work.  I also want to thank  Travis  from  Discount Tire  for getting in touch with Andy and donating the set of tire and rims for the trailer.  They were a perfect match :). 

Mark and L.T.(Metal-Tech) !  Love you guys.  Way to show how much love you have for the socal folks.  900 miles and 16 hours!  Though you may have traveled the most distance, but you are now close to our hearts.  The kegs, prizes, and just being there was great show  :cheers:.   Nicole (Total Chaos) , thank you for getting to AllCal in your busy schedule.  You're fast becoming a fixture of our events :).   Jason (DeMello) , thank you for jumping on board so early this year and also helping out with the trail runs.  I'm also glad I didn't have to lift your hybrid sliders or the bumper to the prize table :biggrin:.  I'm sure someone hugged those certificates to sleep Saturday night :).   Jon (All Pro Off Road) , thanks again for always being there.  We go way back to the earlier Meet and Greet days.  We can always depend on you for killer prizes.  :cheers:   Ruth (mama4x4) , thank you for hooking us up the very cool Panasonic Toughbook and Rigid D2 LEDs.  I'm sure Lipek (Karol) and MudlovingFJ (Arien) will be contacting you soon to claim those.  I know some sponsors weren't able to be there but their goodwill was with us.  A sincere thanks go out to you for the generous donations!   BajaRack , we missed you guys!  We even had your logo on the shirts already.  Maybe we needed better directions next year :rofl:.

Most of all, thank you all for coming.  It was a pleasure putting it together for YOU!

Views: 52

Reply to This

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service