NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hi I am in Corona right now. DeMello has just finished to install the bumper, winch, and lift. We still have to do the electrical connections, will do tomorrow.

I also visited Mike at Icon's, and had a look at their shop. Amazing!

Very, very nice people...

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

:( :( :(

I realized that now my radio doesn't work anymore :( :( :(

I mean, the display turns on and it would seem everything is good, but there is absolutely no sound even if I crank up the volume at MAX, both radio and cd/mp3...

What should I do in your opinion? Tomorrow morning I'll try to call DeMello but I am not sure anybody will be at the shop on Saturday...
But still where is the pic of you new rig with the new lift and face...hehehe
Check the fuse?
Well no the fuses are OK; I opened up the dashboard and removed the button, now the stereo works correctly. I will have to check where he connected the "always hot" and for the light in the button (that didn't actually work).
Thats good you got your radio to work...
Dude not another post on here with out pics.. Me want to see me want to see...
I'm uploading the images right now, give me some minutes...
Ok so it was 85 pictures... I've uploaded them on my website to not take too much space on the norcalfjs server. You can also click the images to see them at a higher resolution.

But first, few words on the install:
as some of you know, it's been a while since I planned to buy a bumper. At that point, I decided to mount a winch, that is my dream since I was a kid. In Italian it's called "verricello" :) and my mother was the first that explained me what was it for.

I bought a Titan 12000lb from the canadian guy. I got the synthetic line that is lighter. I still have to buy a decend set of recovery tools.

As for the lift, especially after the installation of the Bud built skid plates my FJ with stock (Bilstein) suspensions was sagging a bit. I read a lot on the blue forum and asked for advice to everybody. I got an intense mail exchange with Mike at Icon to understand their products and my needs.

I realized I wanted something that allows me to do some good rock-crawling, but what I really like to do is expedition style trips, maybe in some remote area; if I will ever have the possibility to take a sabbathic I wish to do a terra del fuego - Alaska or similar.

With this in mind, and also thanks to a good deal I got from Icon and special discount from DeMello, I got their top of the line products.

Stop words now and some pictures:
http://lnx.manoweb.com/montagna/20090611-DeMello/
WOW! Very nice, it must feel like a totally different FJ. Congrats.

what are your rear coil springs?
The new ones came with the Icon package.
Pretty sweet dude.
As long as your bleeding money, you may as well step up to the plate and protect you read diff...
Stop by sometime and have a look.
Hey yes sure! That was most interesting. Have you finished it?

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service