NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

I had BFG KM2 315/75/16 installed with stock rims I did the BMC. The 3in Toytec liftkit is in the mail. Drove around all weekend no rubbing at full turns didn't do any major wheeling. Anyway the KM2 did great in the snow.

Views: 831

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pretty sweet. I'm liking the black roof and Army Green paint job. It'd look even sweeter with the door handles, side mirrors, grill, and bumper accents blacked out as well :-P Although they do match the rims.
Thanks. The Matte black looks good but shows brush scratches and you can't buff them out.
Nice looking rig. Love the army green and the custom black roof really makes the colors mesh. I'm looking at the BFG KM2's as well, the same size. What all was involved in the body mount chop?
Its pretty easy to do .. You just have to remove the forward part of the body mount that stickinto the wheel well. The body mount is rounded and your basically cutting off the part after where the bolt goes through. THis doe snot weaken the mount. Once this is done you then weld on a flat piece of metal ro cover up what was removed.Once the piece has been removed, no more rubbing when turned.

Under normal use you will not normall get a rub. When this will normally happen is when the suspension is flexed. Normally under this situation you will get a bit of rub..
Thanks FJ Scout. The BMC is pretty easy to do if you have access to the tools.
Cool..thanks guys.
Newbie question: What does BMC mean?
I believe BMC=Body Mount Chop......but I could be wrong. Correct me if I am wrong.
you are correct.
Thanks.
That looks nice and you will get a good amount of clearance with a 3in lift.

Question: I plan on running 33's and 3" lift do you think I should do a BMC?
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the brand of tires sometimes. Some have had to chop with 33's & 3" lift, and some have not.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service