NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hey guys,

check out the link below and vote, C4B is in the running....

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/photo-contest-voting-poll/686...

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

his rig may be in the running, but he didn't submit the photo. he shoulda copyrighted his vehicle. :-D nice photo regardless...i think the stylist did an excellent job!
c4b has a stylist?
SO who took that pic then??

How much did he have to pay???? hehehe LOL
Now that I remember I actually submitted the photo, DP aka DaPit told me about the contest and forwarded me the pic and right there I sent it to dragon..

DP is my stylist..lol he took the pic with his nikon cam and we had flash lights to light the back round up..
Well it looks nice !

Lets hope you can beat the other one that s in the running.
I am sorry I put this up! It appears I got the pic of C4B disqualified....

I was proud to see someone we know in the contest and did not think I was biasing the vote. I just said to check out the poll and did not reference any particular photo...
For what it's worth, he was well behind in second place (by about 20 votes) and I intend to post his photo up as "runner up" in the announcement thread on the front page.
You may be the unknowing recipients of some new rules created after the last contest where it basically became a popularity vote where people were just drumming up votes and not voting on the best photo. It did not really give the individual who took a nice photo but had no "forum" friends much of a chance.

daPitbull's photo was sweet. It's the one I voted for. I did need to abide by the new rules that I laid down, though. ....my apologies that it happened this way.

Look for his photo to be "Runner up" on the front page after 9/15.

Again, my apologies.
Wow well only time will tell!!

Thanks for posting up Dragon.. (even though you did not respond to my PM ..LOL)

The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth knowing what has been happeneing around the Site as far as "popularity Contest goes"..

Glad to see you guys are getting a handle on things..

It just suck that a really cool photo had to be removed..

Also did anyone take into account that everyone on here is also on the Blue fourm???
I answered the same question in the thread for all to see instead of just the pm.

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth as well. I really struggled with having the contest at all anymore. I receive messages from "Who cares if we get people to vote? You're not the police of the internet" to others calling "cheater cheater pumpkin eater" to anyone who even mentions they are in a contest.
Mostly, I want it to be about some awesome photos and allow the best one to win, not the one that belongs to the most popular person.
The last few contests were won by "campaigning" for votes, and not just letting the photos win. I hate that. ...and unfortunately, DP's photo ends up being the one that is used to make a public example of after I put some rules in place.

...but as I said, because his role in this is practically non-existent, I will post his photo up as the runner up on the front page. It's all I know to do.

Another thought I have is to have a team of trusted folks who do the voting, keeping it out of the publics hand, but no matter how trustworthy the people are and how diverse geographically, somebody will start to complain that it's not a fair contest.
So in order to keep the contest going, I have resorted to this.

By the way, great site!! Keep up the good work here!

Bill

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service