NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hey, I need some help installing my springs when I get them

Can anyone help? I want to knock it out so I can think of other things.. such as my scuba driver mod.

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmmmm where do you live and are you willing to travel???
If you get the parts for the scuba mod, installing them same time as the springs is a good idea since you'll have great access to the back axle. Do you have tools and a place to install the springs? What kit did you get, Icon, OME?
I'll help. Don't tell Steve, but I really didn't want to help him, lol.
WOW.. at least your honest.......he he he he he
I can lend a hand....if you have beer! +p or without the beer too ;)
Just get that lift and you got a few norcal fjer's to come and help you and we'll all get it done..
Yeah I'm getting either some ome springs.

ToyTec 3" lift kit

I don't have tools other than socket wrenches and screwdrivers, and i'd be willing to travel and buy beers. About the scuba driver mod, I haven't bought the parts for it yet, but once I figure out what i'm going to do with this lift project, I will get the list together and get the parts.
So, I got my parts. I need a better jack to lift up my truck because I don't feel very safe being under there with stock jacks. I'm gonna see if I can pick up a loaner spring compressor tomorrow morning too. If I get this in, I will go to slick rock this weekend
Hey Cypilk, I'd take the struts to a tire shop and have them R&R the springs from the strut assy. That is how I did mine. It is a pain in the butt to use manual spring compressors on the OME's.
X2 about the springs.. If you already are low on tools then I would not even try it !! it takes alot of work to compres those springs (esp OME) and its definetly work the extra money to have a pro due it..
Yeah, i'm going to a shop and they're going to compress it onto a strut. After that, it's all DIY, I called a friend and he agreed to help me out, so hopefully it'll be up and running for this weekend.
cyppie, i'm gonna add your name to the roster as a tentative. i take it you're gonna scoot on up with c4b and f@kken if you do?

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service