NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

ok so there is only one cross bar on the stock rack, where can i get another one so that i can put my snowboard rack on?? Someone selling their rack for an aftermark one that i can buy the bar off of? is there a special place i can get em? thanx

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you should have had more than one crossbar out of the dealership. perhaps someone ripped the others off from you.

you can go to any dealership for replacements. keep in mind there is a long and short crossbar. they come in sets (not one of each unfortunately, but two of each). if memory serves me right, they are about $60 a set.

here's a thread i posted in the blue room regarding the short crossbar:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech...

i bought two sets i believe. i have my snowboard racks mounted on one set and my gas tank tray on another so i don't have to measure and mount each season. good luck!
You can also consider using the 3rd party load bars (Thules, Yakima.. etc) which I think is stronger than the factory load bar... It's a pretty simple mod to make them fit on stock rack..

I used 2 factory load bars with 2 Thules load bars. works pretty well so far.
even though there are stronger cross bars, if you overload the rack, it will break. The 6 feet which attach to the roof are plastic, and if you try to put too much weight up there, the rack will break and fall off (you can only guess how I know).

I like the factory ones, because they are more likely to bend well before the rack breaks.
yeah im only putting 4 boards up there at the most... so weight is not an issue. Ill just have to buy a set from the dealership thanx!!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service