NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hey guys,

I just bought a 2010 FJ with 58K miles on it. I dont know where it has been and frankly I dont care. I just care about where it will take me tomorrow. My question is what kind of maintenance should i get done with that many miles on it? Does anyone have a list of oils/fluids that should be changed? Also, when should I upgrade my shocks? The stock ones ride nice (compared to my old truck anything feels nice i guess lol). 

Thanks for any advice.

-jib

Views: 276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know guys who swear by Royal Purple but its price is Stratospheric.!!

I see Toyota ( who makes it I don't know) at a decent price but I like to buy Kendall GT-1, both these go for about $5 a quart when purchasing a case minimum. Look around and get no sales tax from an out of state vendor and get them on a good day and get free shipping. I bought my last 2 cases (24qts) for no shipping costs and no sales tax for $125 on my door step in 3 days.

I was a bit annoyed that my local Pep Boys, and another chain, would not discount case prices!! They wanted 12 times their  quart price ($8) for a case!! That led to a trip to the internet 2 years ago for realistic pricing. It pays to shop around.

Steve Hope.

Awesome! Thanks Niko!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service