NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

I want to sell my 2008 FJ. Is there a classified selling section on the NorCal FJ Site?

Views: 510

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

KBB,com shows $17000 but is mileage and zip dependant. What do you have?

Steve.

Mileage is 28500 and my Zip is 94044

I live in Pacifica and hope that your off road club might have some suggestions for how I can sell my 2008 Toyota FJ. I bought the FJ new in late 2008 with the idea of going back country in the Southwest for photography trips. It is pretty well set-up for such activities as shown in the attached photos. The only problem is that I am not as well set-up for back country driving and my wife is not very comfortable with the idea of being stuck in the middle of nowwhere. So I need to sell my relatively low mileage (28500 miles) FJ. The FJ has spent very little time off road and has never been damaged or even towed.
It is pretty much a stock FJ with the factory Toyota Off Road Package meaning that it has rear differential lock and Toyota A Trac in addition to a six speed manual tranny with full time 4 wheel drive. I selected stick over automatic because I wanted 4 wheel drive in the high range so I could avoid chain requirements for winter driving the Sierras. An automatic FJ is 4 wheel drive only in the low range so it isn't exempt from chains unless you want to drive in low range all of the time. 
As shown in the photos, I have a Baja Rack holding water, gas and a second spare tire. I have mounted two sets of Hella Fog lights on the front and as well as a rear fog tail light. As shown in the interior photo, the FJ has a collection of tools, Quickair 3 compressor, X- Jack Air Bag Jack and tire fill/bleed gage.
I think the market for my FJ is more likely with off road folks rather than the person just wanting a SUV listed on Craig's List. 
I want to sell the FJ relatively soon and so I am open to offers. 
Please let me know if you any suggestions of where I could find potential buyers.
My contact info:
Phil Lindsay
570 Ridgeway Drive
Pacifica CA 94044 
650-355-0774
fotophil@pacbell.net
Thanks
Phil Lindsay
just out of curiosity, have you tried the dealerships? recently, members have either sold (not as trade-ins) or been offered sales from dealerships. just an option.

I hadn't really thought about the dealer - I wonder if he will be turned off by  the Baja Rack with second spare tire and water/gas cans? My FJ is stock from a mechanical stand point but not visually. It's a good idea and I will schedule a visit to the Toyota Dealer that sold me the FJ 4 years a ago. It has also been suggested that I visit CarMax for a quote. I guess I had assumed that the best market for a used FJ would be off road users because  they would appreciate the of road accessories  but it sounds like dealers are also a potential market.

There is a BlueRoom member (xiao) from SoCal who is looking for an FJ to buy.
I gave him your info so he can/will get in touch with you.

Good luck,
Nestor

I sent him photos and info on my FJ. Unfortunately he is looking for an automatic FJ and mine is a 6 speed manual full time 4 wheel driive setup. If I didn't use my FJ as a ski car which requires 4 wheel drive for chain exemption, I would have bought an automatic with part time 4 wheel drive.

Phil, I'm not understanding your reasoning for getting the manual. The AT has 4hi and 4lo and will get you to Tahoe just fine.

It appears that my reasoning for not purchasing the 4 wheel drive automatic on the basis of snow driving was influenced by the dealer (who wanted to sell me a manual transmission FJ) rather than fact. I found my 2008 Owners Manual and it clearly states that the FJ automatic has both 2H and 4H available. I better hope that my wife never reads the owners manual or I am in trouble becasue she waanted to buy an automatic. Sorry for the mis-information but I was stupid enough to believe the dealer instaed of seeking the truth myself - maybe he knew I really wanted a manual transmission.

question for ya, would you ever sell your baja rack? I have an oem rack on my 2012 and would love to make some sort of deal or maybe a trade. 

I would be interested in selling you the Baja Rack, gas cans and water cans but I don't need the stock rack. I will also need your help in removing the Baja Rack. I live in Pacifica (SF Bay Area)

I don't need a stock rack but make me an offer (including helping me remove it) on the baja rack, water cans and gas gans and associated mounting brackets on the rack. Hopefully you live near Pacifica (SF Area) because shipping would be a problem.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service