NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 project truck needs lots of work but has potential

I am getting rid of my 1999 Ford ranger extended cab 4x4.  Not sure if I am going to donate it or try to sell it on craigs list.  This truck needs work, but has the potential to be a fun project truck. (or possibly parted out for some cash)

Here is the bad:

Been sitting barely driven for about 4 years so all the fluids need to be changed

Has a blown lower intake or head gasket, burns coolant and stumbles on hard acceleration, starts very rough (could be as bad a a cracked head but I don't think so)

Engaging 4x4 makes some intersting noises probably due to sititng for 4 years (worked pefectly before then)

Body has been through a few wars.

Proably needs brakes.

crack in upper windshield

The good

only 62k original miles (drove 27k in  the first year and then 35k over the last 10 years)

Borla exhaust

Edlebrock IAS shocks (they are 9 years old but only had 35k miles on em before I stopped driving it)

Bridgestone Revo AT 265/75/16's that have about 1000 miles on them (virutally new, but 4 years old)

Interior is in great shape for

4.10 gears (rear limited slip)

Offroad package/tow package.

Figured i would give someone here a shot if they are interested in a project vehicle, or trying to part it out.

If I donate it, I will end up with about 900 bucks out of the deal, was going to list it on craigslist for 1000.

If anyone is interested I will sell it to them for the 900 I would get from donating it.  I would only buy it if you or someone you know well can fix it up for you, or if you want to go to the effort of trying to part it out.  i would keep it myself. , but it is our 4th vehicle and we just don't have space.  Redwood city keeps trying to tow it from sitting on the street for more than 3 days. Not trying to rip anyone off here, jus thought we have some mechanically inclined folks here that might find it fun to fix it and wheel it.

I can take some pictures ane email them to you (it is covered in pollen and dust from sitting)

cactusspine@yahoo.com

Views: 5

Reply to This

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service