NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Do you guys think I should remove the Bud Built skid plates for Toyota to perform the 15k service? Any special instruction I should give to the manager when going in? I will make sure he knows I'm doing offroad so to pay special attention to the torque of the bolts etc

How much would one usually spends for the 15k service? (I will do the oil myself)

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All oil in all cases 75w90 front diff, transmission, transfer case, and rear diff about 10qrts. about $100
Would you have time next weekend to help me remove the skidplates, sand and repaint, and do the service? I was suggested I can buy the torque wrenches with the money I would spend at the dealership, and getting to know my own truck is priceless.
Yup gimme a call
have you ever been to Harbor Freight? There is one in Newark, 39155 CEDAR BLVD. NEWARK, CA 94560
not high quality tools, but good enough to get the job done.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Category.taf?CategoryID=156&a...

you should get the 1/2" drive torque wrench, some 1/2" metric sockets and a 1/2" 25" breaker bar to carry in the truck.
Yeah I still have a gift card from them and I just received their advertisement, they have torque wrenches on sale.

Is the 1/2" enough for all maintenance? Or do I need the 3/4" also?
Yes it is good to have both.
The 3/8" would be good to have for smaller jobs like spark plugs, drain plugs. The 1/2" will go up to 150 lb/ft, so you can torque all of you larger nuts and bolts.
What about the 3/4"? That is more expensive.

Another thing I'd really like to find the list of items I have to check the torque. What do you recommend?
the 3/4" would be good for the front axle nuts

another good site for the Factory Service Manual, http://www.ncttora.com/FSM/FJ/index.html click "Service Specifications", you will download a PDF w/ all specs. I have attached the suspension section.

Your maintenance schedule is a little booklet that is w/ your owners manual.
Attachments:
why do you need to remove skid plates to do the 15k service ? My 15k service is coming soon too...
I just did the 15k and I didn't even think to mention much less remove the skids, in fact the guy at Walnut Creek was pretty impressed with the diff skid, so there musent have been any issues with anything they do on the 15k.
I've spent a good 30 minutes trying to find the maintenance guide, what to do at 10k, 15k and so on. I could not find it, 2007 or 2008 sections...

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service