NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Leaving Sac around 8, hopefully be there by around 11, running the trail more or less quickly then trying to get out by 4-5pm since the gf has to work in the evening.

Anyone that wants to convoy up let me know. It's listed as an easy trail in the book so you don't need a hardcore super modified FJ.

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where's the location? And it's supposed to rain alll next week.
It starts at Sierra City, CA.

It's the first run in this book.(Not the book I found it in though)
Be careful - heavy snow is coming. Sunday afternoon may be a wet one. When is starts snowing and raining, it will build to be heavy. It looks like two to three weeks of weather. Should be 10 feet of new snow by Friday.
Yes I saw the same thing today.. Lots o snow a coming.....
you definitely don't want to do this in winter conditions...

I think well see if we can just make it to sierra city. I need to go somewhere. I don't know what I'm going to do all winter.
Head south. We just came back from Mojave area and there are trails there that can be done. No snow/winter conditions there. Cold but not raining. Not to say it might not rain in the next couple of weeks.

You can visit Trails.com and that will give you info. You could also go play at Jawbone Canyon www.ohvguide.com/maps/dovesprings.htm
Jeff

If you went to Sierra City and higher today, let us know or see some pics. We want to make sure you back out safe as well. I received about 1.7 inches of rain already today ... still raining. Looks like SoCal will have at least three area with rivers at or above flood stage by Thursday.
I'm a bad, bad man.

WOW still clear!

Grass Valley was completely devoid of snow

It is on the way though
Exactly what I thought, but around the corner and 10 minutes later...

If you notice, it is dry under the FJ. When it started snowing(hard at that) I told my girlfriend it was time to go.
Nice shots! Glad you and the GF made it out safe and sound. Looks like you stopped at one of the many mine sites in the area.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service