FJ Cruisers of Northern California
Moon Rocks is the popular name for the Hungry Valley Recreation Area near Reno Nv., a large open area with a variety of roads and trails in the high desert terrain. The area gets its name from the large rock formation that is next to the staging area, and is a popular play area for all types of vehicles. Entrance and camping is free, but the climate is dry and dusty, with no water, services or shade. Come prepared.
Directions From Reno, NV
1) I-80 east to 445 north through Spanish Springs
2) Continue north on 445 8 miles past Spanish Springs to Winnemuca Ranch Road 39°46'8.33"N 119°41'6.37"W
3) Left on Winnemuca Ranch Road (north)
4) Follow 5 miles until road turns to dirt
5) Follow one more mile to entrance on left at N39 51.233 W119 43.447
6) Follow entrance road in 1/2 mile to staging areas (large flat dirt parking area).
© 2023 Created by NorCal FJs. Powered by
You need to be a member of NorCal FJs to add comments!
Join NorCal FJs