NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hello All,

I've seen this thread on other forums, looks like fun...I'll get it started.

I drove my rig to work (first time I've had it out in a few weeks).  Took it in for a wash..

Views: 14583

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's mine! I have the same muff. Growls real nice, eh?

Just dropped mine off for my second TOB replacement. Lol

Well, got my car back. They didn't replace the TOB. It was squeaking, which is why I brought it in. 

Here is the text directly from the service record:

"Confirmed customer complaint. Found when clutch depressed there is a squeaking sound. Opened TAS case and informed toyota of concern and was advised to lube diaphragm and recheck.

When clutch is pressed noise goes away.

As per TAS, lubed diaphragm with grease. Started vehicle and no more squeak is heard when clutch is depressed or pressed. Test drove vehicle again and found while driving squeak came back. Called TAS again and was told to remove transmission and inspect. Removed Transmission. Inspected throw out bearing and fork. and found pivot ball rusted and has lack of lubrication. Was advised to clean up rust and apply grease. Cleaned rust and applied grease. Reinstalled transmission and test drove and found no more squeak when driving. Pivot ball not accessible with transmission in for lube. Drove vehicle ten miles and no squeak coming from transmission at this time."

So no surprise here.

Woke up yesterday morning to head to Tahoe. Noise is back. Called my rep (who was out the day I got my car back), and his first words were, I figured you'd be back. He read the report and was himself disgusted with what went down. He said he's never taking a day off again, and I have to say, the first time I went to this dealer, I was given the rep that stood in for him, I never went back to him. Found a great rep, and never went to anyone else until he left the company. My new rep is his replacement, and although this situation is unfortunate, he has always been on top of things and stays in contact. I would never go to this other again (Eli-Dublin Toy). 

ANyways, he said pulling the tranny and doing NOTHING, was stupid. Told me to bring it in Monday, they'd give me a rental, and he's not letting it leave the dealer until he's positive that it is fixed.

Works for me.

Changed oil, check fluids, check any leaks, and took exhaust and cats off and check for clogs.  Due to FJ getting stuck in the mud 4 months ago...ARGH might need new Cats

Oh crap, thanks for the reminder. I need to change my oil.

And that 60k checkup is coming up for me... gah.

I removed the rear axles and almost have the rear housing removed.  Getting ready to install the new Currie rear end.

today was the 1st time i drove the fj in 2 weeks since foot surgery

Drove it to Moab, UT (yesterday)

getting the 75k service as I type this! everyone here (city toyota) looked at the FJ like they had never seen one before lol made me laugh when people kept coming up with quizzical looks on their faces looking at the snorkel and other mods

Haha, I get the same thing when I drop my truck off at Toyota in Sunnyvale!  All the mechanics come out to take a look.  I just smile!

haha it always makes me feel special! except apparently i was so special they changed my spark plugs without asking me and then told me about it after they installed and charged me -_-

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service