NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Hello All,

I've seen this thread on other forums, looks like fun...I'll get it started.

I drove my rig to work (first time I've had it out in a few weeks).  Took it in for a wash..

Views: 14584

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I installed the ICON coil-overs up front (finally!) and did a complete detailing of the inside... soo much dirt!

Also added back the floor mats to get ready for the cold season. Thinking about switching to the all-weather mats though.

I made a puller wire and attached it to the release lever for the rear glass latch, so I can open it from the inside. Comes handy when you sleep inside the FJ.

Sweeeet

Very nice Nestor, will add this to my new list of mods I'd like you to complete.

Mounted (drill+tap) rear view camera to the bike rack. Now I see again!

Finally after owning my FJ for 13 months, I have been able to finally rip that ugly ass mall crawling chrome off my rig. 

Big thanks to Marine Green for the new shoes.. I am stoked.. such a difference in driving. Before and after shots in the album FJ Album.

Also a crazy coincidence.. a coworker at a new job does some instructional work for 4x4safety.com so he had tools and lived close to help me knock this out in just a couple of hours. Going to go attend his hollister hills training session on Sept. 21st http://4x4safety.com/dynamic/?page_id=26 if any other FJ offroad noobs care to join me :) Cost is $65 per person, $55 if you have a second driver I think.

Looks much better! Time for a blackout job now. ;)

Thanks! I think I'm gonna plasti dip it all on Saturday next weekend and get that blackout going!

Careful with the plastidip. Doesn't hold up on trails I've heard. 

I did mine 2 years ago. Many trails and 2 trips to NC and back I haven't touched it up once.

Super easy.

Light sanding (more like scuffing).

Couple coats of Rustoleum Bedliner.

Few coats of DupliColor Bumper paint. This fills in some of the 'grittyness' of the berliner, leaving it much smoother to the touch, but not super smooth.

DONE. It holds up VERY well, the better you sand, the better it holds, but by better I just mean that all of your clearcoat is 'foggy' and not shiny anymore.

Rustoleum-Home Depot

Duplicolor-Kragen 

Nice, yea I thought I'd give the plasti dip a try for now just to get the look I want and make sure its the path I want to take. I plan to change both bumpers in the coming months, might have to go full metal tech. Just doing it for aesthetics at the moment but if I go for sure blackout I plan to do exactly the path you listed, thanks for the heads up!

Yeah PlastiDip is good for seeing what it will look like. It's great because if you mess up or don't like it, just let it dry and then peel it off. I'm going to do that with the big columns between the rear door window and rear window. I want to make it white to carry down from the roof to the bottom line of the windows.

Yea man, a part of me wants to plasti dip the wheels and bezel white and see how it looks, give it a classic look.. but now that I've got the black shoes on, I really am liking the look a lot. Gonna experiment as well.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service