NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Tread Lightly! Tread Trainer Course and Awareness Workshop

Bossquatch (Boss73) and i are planning a series of Tread Lightly!® courses and workshops for NorCal FJs and friends and would like to know how many of you are interested in attending. as Tread Lightly! Master Tread Trainers™, we'll train you to become official Tread Lightly! Tread Trainers as well as conduct awareness workshops for those who wish to learn about Tread Lightly! principles, but not become a Tread Trainer. at this time, no dates are set although the first course (depending on demand and preference) will take place within the next 2-3 months.

for those of you who have kids, participate in a variety of events, or recreate with groups, becoming a Tread Trainer may be the most rewarding. certification provides you with the required knowledge to educate other groups of outdoor enthusiasts as well as Tread Lightly! perks that will serve as educational tools for your future workshops.

for those of you who like to recreate in the outdoors and want to know how you can minimize your impact as well as practice Tread Lightly! ethics and principles, the Tread Lightly! Awareness Workshop may be suitable for you.

please respond with your course preference. you may choose to attend both courses. your response is not binding, nor does it guarantee you a spot. registration fees may apply at the time of registration.

Tread Trainer Course Description
Tread Lightly!’s Tread Trainer course is an 8-hour course designed to provide a “crash course” on outdoor ethics focusing on outdoor recreation and minimizing impact. Participation in the course qualifies individuals to present the Tread Lightly! message to others in their state or region. Participants will work on understanding the role outdoor ethics play in the recreation community, learn the Tread Lightly! principles of responsible recreation, and be provided with the tools to conduct workshops and coordinate community outreach.

The Tread Trainer course is designed to help volunteers promote the message of responsible recreation where lands and waters are protected, safety is a top priority, and the experience of being outdoors is shared.

Interested: (2)
* 5AND5TORM
* Julie

Tread Lightly! Awareness Workshop
This Awareness Workshop is a 3-hour course that will provide attendees with an introduction to Tread Lightly! principles and how to apply them while recreating in the great outdoors. The workshop will provide you with situational awareness, the know-how on minimizing your impact while recreating and the outdoor ethic that will help sustain our trails for generations to come.

Interested: (20)
* Sonof40
* DivnGirl
* caddo
* caddo's guest
* FJ4 Tahoe
* Julie
* PBn'FJ
* MoreFJland
* Renfro
* daPitbull
* Munkay
* WTFMatt
* DWH
* Mrs Bozly
* bulldog
* FJK
* gringo
* downy ball
* Engine Jen
* Robbie
* NekGuda
* CentralCalFJ

for more information about Tread Lightly!

remember, If You Abuse It, WE Lose It!

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm interested in the 3 hour workshop.
I am interested in the awareness course.
I am interested in the Awareness for now
I'm very interested as well.
awesome! looks like we've got a good number to schedule the Awareness Course first. believe me, it'll be fun and we'll mix it up with a day of wheeling as well. more details coming soon!
+1 interested in the awareness course
Wow Tater looks like we will have to have a big place to hold the first event..

Glad to see all the interest!!
Have we nailed down a date yet?
not yet...looking into venues.
Is this still in limbo due to venue issues?
not really...something called AllCal got in the way. we can use a facility in Hollister, so i figure a 3-hour session followed by wheeling might be in order. trying to decide before or after High Sierra now.
or AT High Sierra?

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service