NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Trailer lights hooked up and now my rear tail light don't work on the FJ

So I got my new tent trailer and I have been paying around with it. Today I hooked up my FJ to it and started to get all the lights to work just fine. Then I was testing the brake lights and only one brake on the trailer was working. I then walked back to the FJ and I had several dash light on in the dash and now my brake lights will not work on the FJ. Running lights work as well as turn signals. I have a flat 4 coming off the FJ with an adaptor to go to a round 6. I had the trailer running lights working great as well as the FJ running lights are fine. I simply have not brake lights and I have a bunch of yellow lights on in the dash as well so I know I blew something. I have checked all the fuses and relay. The next thing I am going to try is to unplug the control box under the dash for the trailer lights. Oh yeah and its the factory set up for the flat four.. Any help or advice would be great...

Boss

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

as a general rule if both lights go out it is a fuse, if one is out it is a bulb.
my first guess would be that your adaptor is somehow switching the (+) and (-) causing the fuse to blow.
sorry not much help, good luck.
Yeah I checked all fuses and they are fine.. Also why would the dash light come on ??? yeah its a real mystery to me..
lights out? blowing? where and when?
OK So it turn out that I simply put the wrong fuse back and it took me a long time to realize what I had done do everything is fine now. All lights working and dash lights are off....

Boss
good to hear Boss I was getting worried.......lol
Thanks.. So when are you getting that clutch???
not soon enuff still shy a little $$$$
please don't waste our time BLOWING stuff!!! hehe lol
Well when it come to blowing, I am sure you have us all beat..

Have another one .... LOL

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service