NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

What type lift is called for on the FJ Cruiser: a body lift, a suspension lift, or both?

I was asked this by a mechanic friend of mine who said he would help me do a 3 to 4 inch lift on my rig. I assume suspension, but told him I would post up and ask. Thanks folks. 

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nothings called for, just depends on your game plan for off-road. I have a 3" suspension lift, and very happy with it. Some have a suspension lift with body lift to get a bit more wheel clearance. But just a body lift? I'd suggest suspension. There's plenty of otions to fit your budget.

I'd go Suspension the you get the frame clearance and can add a bigger tire to get even more lift..

If you plan on doing any offroading, i would get the suspension lift. With the body lift, you don't gain any ground clearance. Having said that, you could do like a three inch suspension lift then a body lift on top of that to accommodate for bigger tires. I personally have just a three inch suspension lift and love it.   

Guys, your input is much appreciated and it makes total sense. It seems 3 inch lift is the most common for the FJ too. Thanks

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service