NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

The Forest Service is putting on a chainsaw certification class to get a few more people certified for chainsaw use on the trail we have adopted.

The class is pretty easy. There is a classroom session in the morning and a field exercise in the afternoon where they do some demonstrations and you get to fall some trees in an area they are clearing.

The class will be held in Camino, CA. off of hwy 50

Dates are 4/26 & 4/27

If you are interested, respond below and I will get you signed up. 

Views: 204

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am intrested

Interested also. 

Most likely the class on the 26th. 

But the truck is in need of a clutch. Hoping I can get it done by then. 

Maybe OPG will let me catch a ride with him???? 

Only prob is I have to be back in the evening because its my baby girls birthday party the very next day.. 

Boss

I think they are doing a 2 day class this year. I am trying to find out if they will shorten it to 1 day.

Bummer. Two day on that weekend I am out.. 

Keep me posted on the single day..

I may not be available 4/26, but will be 4/27, so if it's not a 2 day course, I will be there 4/27.

Scott

Interested, for those coming from the Bay we could carpool out of Tracy where I live.

I am interested.

I am still trying to nail down the timing on this. Our contact at the Forest Service has not responded.

OK let us know I'm still planning on this until I hear otherwise.

Looks like there is a two day requirement for this class. Let me know if you are still interested. 

I"m still in.

The class will be a two day class starting at 8:00AM both days.

It will be held at the ranger station in Camino off of exit 54 on hwy 50. See attached KMZ file.

Thursday I am supposed to get a list of all of the things you are supposed to bring. 

You will also need to have First Aid and CPR certificates to receive your final saw certificate. I took an online class last time and it was accepted.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments:

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service