NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

hey gangaroo...in planning out the trail runs for 2012, i'm thinking about running a new kind of trail run. in recent years, our number of creative photographers has grown and i'm thinking it is about time to create a photography mini-expedition.

ideally, it would be a multi-day run and may eventually be linked into the High Sierra Run, but for the time being, i'm thinking an extended weekend (e.g. Thursday-Sunday) soon after the passes open in the late spring/early summer.

this run will be well-suited for creative photographers, meaning there will be no sense of urgency running through the trails. in fact, sunrise and sunset runs will be more common. also, this will most likely be a non-base camp style run...more in line with an expedition.

if you are interested, post up here and/or PM me. no date will be set as of yet due to the fact that the date the passes open depends on snow melt. that being said, it will most likely be the second weekend after the passes open.

styles of photography can range from landscape, nocturnal, time-lapse, photo-journalistic (photo blog of the trail run), etc. types of cameras can range from DSLR/SLR, medium format, and large format...if anyone has the latter, that would be fantastic!

we would arrange in advance the various styles of photographs we'd like to capture, so we can plot out stops and scouting runs. please let me know if you'd be interested.

Views: 573

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am new to both digital photography and the wonderful world of 4 wheeling.  I am definitely interested in getting more time to do both!  My DSLR has yet to take any outdoor photos and my FJC has not been off asphalt :(

hi Mark...you should be fine. we'll have discussions in advance for both...at least enough so that you will feel comfortable by the time the trail run takes place. most of the eastern Sierra is mellow trail-wise, but there's a lot more to trail runs than the difficulty rating. will keep you posted...in the meantime, please do not hesitate to ask any questions.

Interested, keep me in the loop tater

Apparently, I'm ALREADY in, by looking at picture #2 up there.

Sounds like a blast!

G

I was wondering when you'd chime in.  I know we can all learn oodles from you!

I am in. It will be good to see everyone again. Let me know dates and I will head north. Not April 8th thru 14th though.

interested indeed as well! pending the date

Interested.  Like others, it will be date dependent.   Don't plan around me, when a date is posted, I'll try my best to work it into my work and family schedule. 

i'll keep checking back for the date and see if it works but interested....might be moving this summer so could be hectic...

Looks interesting depending on dates.

with this week's storm coming in, i'm thinking this trip will happen in early June...we'll see. will try to plan out at least three weeks in advance.

Why wait for June, the coast has some fun areas to explore. Try the Lost Coast area, Usal Creek area, or any other National Forest land along the Pacific Coast. How about Oregon dunes ? Just food for thought

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service