NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Toyota Announces Voluntary Safety Recall of Certain 2007 through 2013 Model Year FJ Cruiser Vehicles

TORRANCE, Calif., March 15, 2013 – Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (TMS), will conduct a safety recall involving approximately 209,000 FJ Cruiser vehicles.

The seatbelt retractors for the driver and front passenger seat belts are mounted in the rear doors (access doors) of the vehicle.  Due to insufficient strength of the rear door panel, cracks may develop over an extended period of time if the rear door is repeatedly and forcefully closed.  If cracks occur in the panel around the lower seatbelt retractor anchor, the seatbelt retractor may become detached.

No accidents or injuries have been reported for this condition.

Owners of vehicles covered by this safety recalls will receive an owner notification letter via first class mail starting in the near future.  Any authorized Toyota dealer will perform this recall at no charge to the vehicle owner.

Detailed information is available to customers at www.toyota.com/recall and the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-800-331-4331.

Views: 353

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting.

How would they even fix this!!

new rear doors? haha, seriously I have no idea... but im also not an engineer.

Re-engineered/reinforced plastic panel, I guess...

I have had a weird "creaking" sound in my driver side rear door when I go over bumps for awhile.
The thing is it only does it when it's hot out. 75+ degrees. Totally silent below that temp.
When I got back from Fireworks From Above last year it didn't do it for a week then it slowly came back.
Almost as if flexing the frame over the rocks had an effect on it. I was going to pull the panel some day and check it out because I'm pretty sure the Toyota guys probably won't be able to find it.
I wonder if it's related to the seat belt thing. Hmmm.
Wonder if anybody else has had this problem?

I have a creaking sound also.  I'm not sure where it's coming from, but it's from the rear.  I hear it when I go over bumps, too.  Interesting...I thought I was the only one with this creaking noise.

I just heard about the recall. I was in the process to purchase my first FJ and the local dealer pulled the plug. He told me to buy a Tacoma, YEAH RIGHT!!!!! I guess I will have to wait until Toyota figures out how to fix this. I have been reading this and other FJ Forums and planning my build for months with all of the great ideas you have. Frustrating... Now I'm stuck with my Wife's 2WD Highlander and she gets the new car.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service