NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

If you only have $1,000.00 budget what would you get first, the winch bumper or OME lift?
I have a brand new EPI 09.0 Superwinch in the box waiting to be seated. As most of you know most bumpers are over 100lbs, will my stock shocks drop?

The only mods I have on is Dura Trac Tires and TRD Cold Air Box.

If I got a bumper it would be Fab Fours or Toy Outfitters.
If I got a Lift it would be the OME Heavy

I also like the Demello New LED light bar.

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Get the lift. You'll need it when you mount the bumper and winch, or at least spacers to bring the front end back up.
Get them both... or get a full coilover in front and matching shocks and springs in rear...

There are so many good used parts on the market. You can get an OME lift for under $500 and a bumper for about $6-800.. I ran with OME shocks and Med Springs with a spacer up front and OEM spring with a 2" spacer lift in rear... I loved the ride! Do your homework.. for a Grand there are a lot of options.
x2 with Hector. Reseach first and ask plenty of questions.
A bumper and winch will make your front end sag. I would focus on getting the front end stiffened up and lifted to support the extra weight you are planning on installing. There are solutions if you are on a budget.
Lift Lift Lift !!!!

For all the reasons stated here..

With a lift you will have more clearance.. I big bumper lik eyou want will only sag your front..
Lots and lots of great ideas!!!!!
Called ToyTec and they did not have any out of box stuff for sale. What was the forum discount? Lift came to 1179.99. I did not buy it yet because of no discount and out of my budget. If I get the pre-assembled coilovers I can do the install my self otherwise the kit needs to be under 850.00 shipped cuz I need 250.00 for the install. I can get OME 755.00 shipped from another place. They say to get Heavys in the front and Med's in the rear. HumMMM!!!

I am going to get the Kennesaw Mountain front bumper its 710.00 plus 170.00shipping. http://www.kenmtnac.com/FjCruiser.html

Not untell a lift is installed.
You could always see how much BZ would install the lift for and if he is okay with putting springs on the front shocks.

Most all of us have installed our own lifts. Heck I think I've done 8 to 10 FJC's already.
get the lift and I'll install it for less than $250
Your on. Thanks. I will not be able to order the lift untell Aug 27th so I will send you an email.
Heavies are going to be a stiff ride. I ran meds up front before swapping over to Icons and liked that. How much does that Kennesaw bumper weigh?

OPG runs heavies but he has an ARB bumper with winch so his total added front end weight is somewhere around 220 lbs.
Heavies up front and med in the rear is a good setup if you have a bumper and winch on I like the ride I get with it. I ran the heavies up front without a bumper for a couple years and it beat the crap out of me. If your not going to do a bumper for awhile med all around is good for the OME setup.

Do not run Heavies in the rear unless you always haul a lot of equipment, I ran heavies in the rear for awhile and it knocked fillings out of my teeth.

I

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service